Family Voices of North Dakota
Health Information and Education Center
Family Voices Family Leadership Institute will be held June 8-10th, 2012. We are accepting 25 applicants, so get your application in early. You can do so by clicking here
Please be sure to include your own e-mail
FVND hosts monthly topical calls. These are workshops that you can attend via your phone. WE provide you with the number to call into.
Go to our Topical Call Center and Listen to most recent topical calls that you may have missed.
Also check out our Topical Call Center where more calls have been recorded and uploaded.
2011-There is still time to submit your ideas or suggest speakers..let us know your thoughts on what would be the most helpful to you as a family or provider
The Next Family Leadership Institutes will be held in May and August 2010....sign up early, we fill fast
The purpose of the Leadership Institute is to provide family members with the tools to expand their grassroots advocacy efforts through coalition building and mentoring activities.
1. State leadership --increase capacity and knowledge for family leaders regarding health policy in order to strengthen partnerships and policy development.
2. Individual families - increase awareness and understanding of impact of health issues and services for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs.
3. Promote and support family/professional partnerships.
4. Increase the families’ ability to navigate the complex service system and access needed services.
5. Provide families with access to information and the opportunities for training.
6. Provide skills necessary for family support and leadership development by bringing together community resources based upon identified family needs.
Parent to Parent Workshops via conference call on Second Thursday of every month. 7:00-8:00 pm
Call FVND at 888-522-9654 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
FVND has many workshops and trainings to offer. Whether you are a parent support group, collaborate with other entities, need an inservice give us a call to see how we can assist you.Contact us
Connect here for a powerful Leadership Presentation http://leadoutloud.ca/video.html
Change it Anyway...
Changing systems can be frustrating,
confusing and time consuming;
Strive to change them anyway.
If you speak out for change,
they may accuse you of being self-serving;
Speak out anyway.
If you make changes that work,
they may pretend to be an ally or persist with attacks;
Make change anyway.
If you make honest attempts at change,
they may undermine your efforts;
Attempt change anyway.
What you spend years developing,
they may undo overnight;
Develop it anyway.
If your innovations are successful,
they may be jealous;
The progress you achieve today,
they may forget tomorrow;
Make progress anyway.
Create positive change the best that you can,
and it may never be enough;
Give it the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and the person relying on the system;
It was never between you and them anyway.
Family Leadership Reunion October 2010, sponsored by ND ECCS! A fun day by all, agencies, family speakers, with the end of the day at Papa's Pumpkin Patch with Penny and Pals for families and children. Thanks to the University of Mary Students who also provided child care!